Philosophy: The Ottawa Professional Firefighters Association is committed to producing and hosting the annual SANTA'S PARADE OF LIGHTS to the best of our Members' ability. To this end, we constantly strive to produce the best possible Parade for the public and recipients of our donations by encouraging both Business groups and Community groups to lend helping hands wherever they can to assist us in our efforts to bring joy to those less fortunate children in our City.
For the record I would like to inform all interested parties that our Association absorbs all costs involved with the parade with the exception of the support provided by sponsors. By doing so, we ensure that all collections from the Parade (100%) are returned to the children of the City in the form of toys which we acquire at manufacturer discounted prices.
(Recognition program described at bottom)
|Presenting Sponsor||- This category allows for one Title Sponsor
- Sponsorship in this category begins with a financial commitment starting at $5000 and includes other services-in-kind.
|Government and Media||- This category is reserved for Government and Media agencies that primarily offer services-in-kind in assisting our efforts.
- Sponsorship in this category begins with services offered at a value in excess of $2000.
|Santa's Elite Club||- This category is the highest category that any Business or Community Group can enter at this time. To become a sponsor in this category requires a commitment of financial assistance or services-in-kind with a dollar value in excess of $2000.|
|Mrs. Claus' Handy Helpers||- This category is for sponsors who wish to make a contribution, either financially or by services-in-kind with a dollar value in excess of $1000.|
|Rudolf's Work Crew||- This category is reserved for those sponsors who make a financial or services-in-kind contribution, with a dollar value up to $1000.|
Recognition provided for Sponsors
All Sponsors of the Parade receive full recognition for their support, unless we are specifically asked not to. We firmly believe that it takes many helping hands to ensure that a top quality event gets produced properly, and recognizing these helping hands is part of our duty to all. As Sponsors to this Parade, all categories will be represented in our Parade awareness campaign, which includes the following:
Name and/or Logo will appear in:
- Posters, (colour, bilingual, appropriate size for storefront and bulletin boards). Posters are displayed across the City at various City offices, libraries, businesses and community centers.
- Print ads in the Ottawa Citizen, both before and after the Parade day.
- Banners flown on Fire Vehicles in the Parade, visible to both sides of the Parade route. (A point to note, our Parade Route is 3.5 km long and is viewed by crowds in excess of 100,000 people on Parade Day)
- Mention on Parade Day at the Judging and Reviewing site, as well as various events leading up to Parade Day.
On our Web site, www.paradeoflights.org
Recognition of sponsors (with the exception of the Presenting Sponsor) will be afforded in three separate size categories according to the dollar value that is contributed. The larger the contribution category equals the larger the logo visibility.
We welcome all questions and/or comments relating to Parade Sponsorship and will gladly work with Business and or Community groups who wish to participate and may need help in finding their appropriate category.
Wishing everyone the Best of the Season (a little early),